July 6, 2017
Center for Animal Rehabilitation and Education
720 North Barstow Street
Waukesha, WI 53186-4819
Dear volunteers for and friends of CARE:
We appreciate everything you have done and continue to do for the Center for Animal (formerly Avian) Rehabilitation and Education so very much!
Please note that Save the Seniors – Seniors Rock! is now part of CARE.
The website address has been changed to:
In response to many requests for ways to help and our wish list, this letter is being sent with the hope that you will find something on it that will be within your ability to share with us so generously, as you have in the past.
Please feel free to share this information with your family members and friends if they ask if they can also be of any help to us.
We are always looking for volunteers to help with cleaning, feeding, and other tasks. Please let us know if you’d be interested in giving us some of your time each month!
Did you know that you can choose an organization to receive 1 percent of your total purchases from Amazon? You can find Amazon Smile at:
Eligible items will state that they are eligible for Amazon Smile donation. Current restricted items include subscribe-and-save recurring orders and subscription renewals. That may change in the future, and other items may be prohibited from time to time.
You will be asked to choose a charity upon your first visit to Amazon Smile. You may change that at any time and may even go back and forth between charities or other organizations (such as a school). You only need to make sure that the current choice is the organization you wish to help that day.
We are currently listed as Center for Animal Rehabilitation & Education Inc
We will receive 0.5% or one-half of one percent of your purchase total of eligible items. While that may not seem like a lot for a single person’s small order, the benefit comes when many people choose to support us through Amazon Smile’s program with each eligible item they purchase. Amazon sends a check for any funds generated quarterly throughout the year.
If you buy milk products branded “Nature’s Touch” or “Kwik Quencher” in either bottles or bags, CARE can receive 5 cents for each bottle cap or bag top you turn in to us. We can make a submission for redemption as often as necessary, but the minimum for redemption is 1,000 bottle caps, which would get us a check for $50!
There are certain items for which there is a consistent need – these include:
- Parrot-sized cages in good condition
- Fleece fabric yardage for making toys; this must be 100 percent fleece and not eyelash or super-stretch fabric, which could be harmful to the birds
Food and Treats:
- Honey-nut cereal – Cheerios or other brands
- Mixed nuts – unsalted and in shell
- Fresh fruits and vegetables – absolutely no avocados! If you would like to know what to buy, please contact our office or look online for bird-safe fruits and vegetables.
- Lafeber pellets
- ZuPreem pellets
We need all sizes of pellets; for any pressing needs, please contact our office.
- Tall (13-gallon) kitchen bags
- Hefty 45-gallon bags
- We would like to have a total of 10 (5 of each size) ½-inch and ¾-inch full sheets (4’ x 8’) of Plexiglas or similar material on hand.
- Old towels
- Phone books – these must have soy-based ink in order to be safe for the birds
General Cleaning and Housekeeping:
- Rubber gloves for doing dishes, et cetera
- Paper towels
- Facial tissue
- Toilet paper
- Laundry detergent – this must be the “free and clear” kind that has no dyes or scenting added! It must also be HE (We have a new high efficiency washer!)
- Small syringes – 1 cc and 3 cc
- Gauze sponges – 2″ x 2″ and 4″ x 4″
- Vetrap bandage wrap; please call the office for our current needs.
- Cash or checks are always welcome!
- Credit card donations are welcome, as well! We can take them over the phone!
- Gift cards for WE energies to help with our electric and gas bills.
- General gift cards that we can use to pay for things like medical bills. If you would prefer to make a donation for our veterinary expenses, please do so at the Center or by mailing your donation to us and asking that it be used for that purpose.
- Gift cards for Home Depot, Menard’s, Ace Hardware, True Value Hardware, Michael’s Crafts, Jo-Ann’s, Hobby Lobby, Pick-n-Save, Piggly Wiggly, Sendik’s, Wal-Mart, or Woodman’s.
- Gift cards for gasoline: We travel to pick up both animals and cages. We travel to and from doing bird education in various facilities. We travel to and from bird/pet shows. We take animals to outside veterinarians. Funds to help defray our travel costs would be greatly appreciated!
- First-class (Forever) postage stamps
- No. 10 (letter-size) Grip-Seal Security envelopes
- Printer paper – cases of reams are especially appreciated
- HP Officejet ink cartridges 950 (black) and 951 (yellow, cyan, and magenta)
- Laminating sheets
- Large Rubbermaid or equivalent containers.
- Suede lacing – 1/8″, beige or medium brown only
- Plastic pony beads
- Craft sticks, various sizes
- Packages of wood shapes
- Certain types of lumber
Please contact the office for our current needs for toy parts.
Information for you
CARE is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. As such, your donations are tax-deductible.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office:
- By phone: 262-875-4115
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person during our regular business hours: Monday/Thursday/Friday 1:00 to 6:00 and Saturday 12:00 to 5:00